Role: Junior DevOps Engineer / Graduate
Salary: £35-45K + bens + bonus
This role will suit even a Linux Systems Administrator wanting to make that transition into a DevOps role, if you are a graduate then as long as you have some exposure to development thats fine. Most of all our client wants people who are willing to learn, enthusiastic and hungry to progress their careers.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the defining, creating and running an efficient DevOps lifecycle, including the appropriate tools, environments and processes to enable the deployment of features globally into production both quickly and safely, whilst also ensuring a high availability service that is cost effective and delivered to the IT Business Units. Your primary role will be to continuously innovate and develop our cloud platform using the latest cloud, open source and CI/CD technologies.
This is a great opportunity for a junior engineer or a recent Graduate on Computer Science, Game Programming, Software Engineer or any other Information and Technology Degrees where you've applied Programming.
The successful candidate
To be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Relevant technical experience (or degree related experience) in related roles providing technical support or software engineering
- Exposure to at least one programming/scripting language e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, PowerShell
- Experienced with version control technologies e.g. Subversion or Git
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Exposure to configuration management tooling e.g. Puppet, or Ansible
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code software e.g. Terraform
- Linux and/or Windows systems administration skills