Role: DevOps Lead Engineer
Salary: £80-100K + bens + bonus + 14% pensions
Skills: Linux, AWS, Agile, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Ruby, Powershell, CI/CD, GIT, Subversion,
The DevOps Lead is responsible for the defining, architecting, creating and running an efficient DevOps lifecycle, including the appropriate tools, environments and processes to enable the deployment of features globally into production both quickly and safely, whilst also ensuring a high availability service that is cost effective and delivered to the IT Business Units. All architected tools, environments and processes must align to the agreed control framework and align to the relevant IT strategies
This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist with a customer centric mindset to get involved in an exciting position. As a DevOps Lead your primary role will be to mentor and lead a team of DevOps engineers to continuously innovate and develop our cloud platform using the latest cloud, open source and CI/CD technologies.
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Strong relevant technical experience in related roles providing multi-tier technical support or software engineering
- Demonstrable proficiency in programming/scripting languages e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, PowerShell
- Excellent configuration management tooling knowledge e.g. Puppet, or Ansible
- Capability to use infrastructure-as-code software e.g. Terraform
- Experience with automated testing tools such as ServerSpec
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment pipelines e.g. Jenkins
- Recognised proficiency with Amazon AWS (e.g. VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS etc).
- Advanced Linux and/or Windows systems administration skills
- Knowledgeable with version control technologies e.g. Subversion or Git
- Experience leading project teams with Agile collaboration and project management tooling e.g Kanban or Scrum)
- Outstanding planning and communication skills and able to lead conversations with development and product teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Experience of introducing DevOps within large corporate organisations
- Be an expert in DevOps tooling design and methodologies
- Influencing and negotiation experience
- Proven track on developing and running DevOps teams within a heavily regulated organisation
- Tracked experience of mentoring and training others
- Certified to AWS Associate level
- Experience with containerisation tools e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
If you possess the above and have excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!