Role: DevOps Senior Engineer
Salary: £65-75K + bens + bonus
Skills: Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS, Linux, Subversion, GIT, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Terraform
DevOps Senior Engineer
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the defining, creating and running an efficient DevOps lifecycle, including the appropriate tools, environments and processes to enable the deployment of features globally into production both quickly and safely, whilst also ensuring a high availability service that is cost effective and delivered to the IT Business Units. All architected tools, environments and processes must align to the agreed control framework and align to the relevant IT strategies
This is a unique opportunity for a technologist with a customer centric mindset to get involved in an exciting position. As a Senior DevOps Engineer your primary role will be to mentor to Junior DevOps engineers and continuously innovate and develop our cloud platform using the latest cloud, open source and CI/CD technologies.
The successful candidate
You will no doubt have a breadth of great experience already, but we think to be successful in this role that we need someone who has:
- Proven relevant technical experience in related roles providing multi-tier technical support or software engineering
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience with configuration management tooling knowledge e.g. Puppet, or Ansible
- Capability to use infrastructure-as-code software e.g. Terraform
- Experience with automated testing tools such as ServerSpec
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment pipelines e.g. Jenkins
- Recognised proficiency with Amazon AWS (e.g. VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS etc).
- Advanced Linux and/or Windows systems administration skills
- Skilled with version control technologies e.g. Subversion or Git
- Involvement working in project teams with Agile collaboration and project management tooling e.g Kanban or Scrum)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, strong eye for details, persistent and consistent with a passion for learning new technologies
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Experience in DevOps tooling design and methodologies
- Ideally have exposure with containerisation tools e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes.
- Proven experience of mentoring and training others