Senior DevOps / Senior Developer / Lead Developer / Tech Lead / Engineering Lead
My client a global tech start-up has recently opened a new office in London - they are looking for tech lead to join their team who has the ability to lead, review code and progress this great company to the next level.
This London based team is now expanding in order to support the stellar growth of our market leading connected car platform to customers across Europe.
The Technical Lead is responsible for developing, planning and implementing effective analysis, design, programming and testing skills to the production software systems.
This position is to provide significant input into technical direction of the software team and is involved in product strategy decisions
A typical day
- The primary outcomes of this role are including but not limited to: Supervising the activities of a team of assigned software engineers, to provide effective analysis, design, programming and testing skills in the production of large software systems or performing specialist roles in software research and technology.
- Supporting the internal quality and control requirements defined by company policy.
- Acting as a technology subject matter specialist to initiate and participate in short or long-term planning, making recommendations on technical policies and procedures within an overall program.
- Planning, initiating and conducting analysis of project software (and hardware) requirements in accordance with designated company standards.
- Undertaking software design code and test of entire projects in accordance with designated company standards of methodology, style and quality.
- Introducing appropriate (possibly state of-the-art) software development tools and methodologies as appropriate to the project.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness)
- Strong management background particularly in technical, human resource and financial efficiency of technical solutions
- Ability to manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Strong technical architectural and design skills
- Management, leadership, planning, analysis and communication skills.
- Good written and oral communications
- Identifying problems
- Process management skills
- The ability to work within, or lead, a team
You will be working on our current Tech Stack, but we are always open to using emerging technologies
- Big data frameworks: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop
- Streaming frameworks: Spark streaming, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- Data science: experience delivering models in production, Juoyter notebook, XGBoost, Classification, Regression
- Data warehousing: Redshift, Snowflake
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS, Lambda, S3, etc.
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: Dynamodb, Mongodb, Potgresql, Mysql
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, GitHub
We are looking for someone who can evidence:
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams as well as on your own.
- Organisational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- An understanding of challenges faced in dealing with mission critical product developments.
- Take a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
- A strong desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Maintain personal effectiveness, manage challenging deadlines, change and complex problem solving, approaching tasks with motivation and commitment.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound expertise in development tools, processes, managing high availability systems, delivering CI pipelines, managing release processes and issue resolution.
If this sounds interesting and share similar our similar values
- We do not lower our standards to mediocrity
- We offer the time to think and question why
- Failure is accepted as long as it is fast and we learn and improve
- We measure everything and hold each other accountable
- We treat each other with respect at all time and we know what to expect of one another
- We play hard and work hard & have fun
….so if all of this sounds like exciting and you can excel to meet the demand of the role, then please apply to join this rapidly expanding company