Role: Digital Solutions Architect X 8
Salary: £65-75K + 14% pensions + bonus
Location: London or Norwich
Skills: UML, agile, solution design, aws, lead developer,
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the newly formed Global Digital Architecture team, where you will help design new innovative IT solutions for customer propositions that will disrupt the entire insurance industry. This will involve using industry leading technologies as well as enhancing existing systems.
The objective is to increase the effectiveness of our customer engagement through the use of our digital platforms.
You will need to be an experienced Solutions Architect or a Lead Developer having worked in an agile delivery environment, a strong communicator, have a keen interest in emerging technology and you will have the drive and motivation to make a difference.
Role Description & Responsibilities
Solution Architects are accountable for creating end-to-end solutions for key initiatives, projects and feature teams for the companies digital arena. The role holder will create, enable, deliver, and support end to end software/platform solutions for IT change.
The majority of solutions will be deployed across the existing IT infrastructure, although infrastructure knowledge is desirable as some solutions may require new infrastructure. (AWS Cloud)
- Work with stakeholders and other IT colleagues to gather a thorough understanding of requirements and articulate the impact of any proposed change on the IT software and infrastructure landscape.
- Construct solutions that deliver the desired objectives ensuring the agreed standards relating to the IT target architecture, IT service (availability, resilience, and performance) and company security policies are met.
- Create IT solution artefacts using standard industry best practice (eg UML in EA Sparx) that are mapped to the business requirements/stories.
- Work within Agile Feature teams to ensure developers from various IT development areas create components that deliver your solution design
- Present technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals enabling informed decisions to be made.
- Provide architectural guidance and support to the project team
- Pro-actively work with the business stakeholders and IT colleagues to ensure delivery timelines are met
You will have previously worked as a Solutions Architect or as a Lead Developer who wants to widen your horizons, within an IT environment and preferably have experience of working in an organisation that used an agile methodology
We're particularly interested in:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a varied stakeholder audience.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a fast moving setting
- Practical use of UML to document and communicate your solution designs
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in challenging circumstances
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to collaborate with other teams to resolve issues
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to construct options and impact statements
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable. If you are not certified, you will be expected to gain certification within six months of joining the team
- Practical experience of developing software is desirable
If you possess the above and have excellent communication skills both verbal and written then apply NOW!!!