Scope & Responsibilities:
As the Director of Application Support & Operations Intelligence Centre (OIC) within the European Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the end to end application support, maintenance & improvement for the Consumer, Digital & Technology business.
- Lead and manage the team directly responsible for application support for e-commerce platform, In-Store and the OIC
- You will be responsible for all European Application support across a breadth of technologies including but not limited to; Epicore, Micros, Linux, Oracle, Windows, SQL
- Accountable to European CDT business (Consumer, Digital, Technology) for the end to end lifecycle for all Application Support & OIC activities.
- Responsible for leading the European Application landscape for new and improved support to meet the changing global business requirements.
- Lead the integration of applications support to become a fully embedded function.
- Pro-actively adopt new global processes, tools, policies and metrics.
- Act as Problem Managers to minimize both the number and severity of application incidents and potential problems.
- As a key influencer, you will act as an advocate for several application management processes and be responsible, in part, for ensuring they are fit for use. Multiple teams will rely on your ability to assist in defining and maintaining the application landscape and service related agreements.
- To help ensure cross-functional collaboration, you will help prepare and deliver training initiatives designed to build awareness and facilitate proper execution of operational procedures.
Desired Skills & Experience;
- Progressing from an Application Support, Management or Operations background within a large global retail environment highly desirable.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a best of breed application support team and OIC within a complex, multi-national environment.
- Lead the OIC that will be responsible for 1st line management, incident escalation and major outage across three European regions.
- Lead Application Support for the European e-commerce platform covering order fulfillment, supply chain, shipping, launch.
- Lead the Application Support, maintenance and improvement for the three European Flagship Stores.
- Lead, direct and control staff to use agreed global, standardised IT Service Management processes (ITIL Certification required)
- Ensure effective evaluation of business risks and issues related to operational incidents, potential application changes and internal audit reports. Implement appropriate risk management processes and take appropriate and timely actions.
- Negotiate, agree and manage operational plans, service level agreements and budgets and monitor implementation to ensure targets are met.
- Provide a steady state organization, independent of any specific project, which can support frequent business change in a controlled way.
- Ensure operational risks are mitigated by implementing common business release planning, change, quality and release management processes
- Breadth of knowledge of best practice IT Service Management best practice (ITIL)