Montash is currently retained by a Global Leading Organisation seeking to acquire a Director for BI Architecture to join their growing business.
Our client is looking for an experienced Head of BI Architecture & Engineering with previous exposure to leading mature BI architecture teams within complex global environments.
Our client is seeking for proved BI leader who is experienced in the design and delivery of complex BI solutions, both rapid just in time solutions addressing immediate business analytics and reporting needs as well as robust long term infrastructures. As well as shaping the overall capability and BI strategy, the role will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of BI solutions allowing business insight into competitor, market/customer, portfolio and financial data. The role will manage mature team of BI Information Architects and Engineers.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a high profile, largely influential global team, and has to be able to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Lead the BI Engineering and Architecture team providing line management, recruitment, training, coaching and technical leadership.
- Establish strong working relationships with business leaders across different functions to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand and inform BI requirements.
- Maintain an on-going professional development in BI tools, competitive / business intelligence techniques, master data management, information management and architecture, and vendor developments.
- Manage a portfolio of BI delivery projects, allocating resources, monitoring delivery, managing both strategic and 'rapid' demand, working with different IT Capability Leads
- Oversee the technical design and implementation of the BI portfolio, ensuring alignment with BI and Enterprise Architecture principles and strategy.
- Develop strong partnerships with supplier organisations, both internal and external, in the delivery of the BI portfolio, including key skill identification and technology access
- Lead solution evaluation and selection decisions; buy vs. build decisions, and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the creation of business case.
- Work with the IT Service Managers to ensure that data and information assets maintained across the company
Desired skills and experience:
- Min 10 years' experience as a BI Architect within a global organisation is essential
- Knowledge of MDM, data warehousing, ETL technologies and BI reporting technologies: SAP Business Objects, Spotfire, Qliktech, SAS/IBM SPSS, Informatica Powercentre, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica MDM, SAP MDM / MDG, Oracle Application Express, Oracle (Hyperion) DRM, Oracle SOA and BPM suites (FMW), SharePoint, SAP HANA/other appliances/MPP technologies, Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Redshift (etc).
- Experience of BI Information Modelling, Conceptual and Logical.
- Knowledge of Financial Transactional, Planning and Reporting processes along with key milestones and decision points of the business cycle
- Previous experience having managed complex teams across multiple country locations
- Previous experience in pharma or FMCG would be desirable
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Previous engagement at C level across the business
- Extensive Commercial Awareness is essential
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with an excellent reputation for career progression and to join their growing business. As a global leader in their field this organisation is looking for a career driven individual who will have a clear career path when joining their practice.
A highly competitive package is on offer for the right candidate.
If this excellent opportunity is of interest or for a conversation about the market in general, please contact Andreea Antoniu on 0207 014 0230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org