Montash has been retained by a leading global insurance company to source for their Director of Business Intelligence who will be responsible for the development of strategy, implementation and managing solutions for my client.
They will have a focus around management information, data governance and the analytics necessary to drive business results through several domains including sales and financial performance, customer insights, customer service, claims analysis, and regulatory reporting. This role reflects the strategic importance of this area.
- Drives the strategic business intelligence roadmap, working with stakeholders from the other business functions to identify, initiate, and deliver projects which will leverage the data and information to generate increased business value
- Accountable for leading transformation programmes
- Accountable for establishing and managing a data governance programme across the Market Unit
- Responsible for the overall IT systems landscape covering business intelligence solutions plus the development and building new data function
- Accountable for the day to day support and maintenance of solutions and delivery on SLAs, including delivery of ongoing functional releases required to support new business requirements and technical improvements. Works closely with business change function and regional heads of IT to capture and prioritize new requests
- Accountable for delivery of new business intelligence initiatives, including Solvency II reporting, customer insights reporting, and Usual and Customary practices for claims cost management. Ensures solutions are delivered to quality, on time, within budget, and in line with the enterprise architecture and technology standards
- Responsible for risk, compliance, and security activities related to systems under management scope, working with internal and external security, risk, audit, and legal functions. This includes data security, PCI, and other regulatory compliance
- People management. Responsible for the day to day management and development of a line organisation
- Vendor management. Owns the day to day relationship with IT delivery partners engaged in the overall service delivery model.
- Budget management responsibility for BAU related activities and planning of new initiatives
- Ensuring liaison with BI leads and data architects from other Market Units, accountable for helping to drive a common data architecture and re-use of capabilities
The Ideal Candidate
Would have held the role of a Director of BI or a senior Head of Business Intelligence with programme responsibility. Specific experience required for this role is as follows:
- Thought leadership in business intelligence and data analytics
- Implementation of business intelligence solutions using Microsoft SQL technology
- Development of reporting solutions across multiple markets and business domains (e.g. sales, finance, customer service)
- Establishing a clear data architecture and data governance programme across a business
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience
The following experience is highly desirable but not essential:
- Experience within the health insurance and/or provider industry
- Solvency II reporting
- Direct transformation programme experience.