Director of IT - R&D
Basic salary of up to £100,000 (up to package of £160,000)
Summary of Responsibilities:
I am currently working with a Global FTSE 100 Enterprise that is going through a large IT Transformation.
To support their growth they are seeking a Director of IT - R&D. Their R&D will include Product Development, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing. Due to the complexity of the project, we are seeking someone with experience in a Global Environment.
About the role:
- Drives business/IT governance for R&D groups and partners closely with peers to ensure that solutions are aligned with overall architecture and standards.
- Responsible for a variety of technical, managerial and collaborative activities while delivering IT services to business partners. Direct resources throughout business application design, selection and/or development, implementation, validation and operation.
- Has primary responsibility to deliver all I.T. services to the R&D organization.
- Provides strategic direction in choosing technical architectures and selecting solutions for all facets of business operations.
- Interfaces with senior management at all levels in the IT and business division organizations to solve business problems with systematic and process solutions.
- Manages major complex applications projects, and directs applications development staff.
- Proactively seeks to leverage global solutions and to support peers in delivering value to the company.
- Leads and directs the portfolio, program, demand management associated with the divisional business systems and support plans as directed by business managers, the R&D Operations Governance Committee.
- Accountable for the management, integration, operation and support of outsourced relevant portions of IT, COTS, SaaS/Cloud along with the associated SLA's which includes security, availability, accessibility, and support.
- Provides leadership, vision, collaboration and architectural guidance in capturing, managing, analysing, and reporting business information, in order to meet the decision-making needs of the R&D organization.
- Maintains current industry knowledge on the trends for relevant business areas, practices and technologies
- Proven strong communication and demonstrated leadership skills working in a fast paced global organization.
- Experience managing in a global shared services environment with experience managing resources in an outsourced model essential.
- A minimum of ten years' experience in portfolio, program and project management and business systems analysis.
- Experience in a consulting, relationship management role, interfacing with key business partners.
- Must have IT experience in a regulated commercial or pharmaceutical, medical device, or medical systems environment, including at least six years (or significant experience) in a managerial capacity.
- Six or more years directing IT-R&D staff, with specific experience utilizing the following tools/platforms: Data Warehouse, Adverse Events Reporting System, Quality Systems, and Clinical Development Systems.