E-Trading Application Engineer - 6 months - London -£450 a day
Montash have been engaged by a leading global banking and financial services client, who are looking to acquire an Application Support analyst for a 6-month contract based in London.
You will join a team that provides technical support for all back-end components running on Rates and Credit eTrading environments (more than 800 servers - Windows or Linux). The team also manages connectivity to many electronic trading venues
As an E-trading application Engineer you are responsible for supporting globally the ION platform, in-house pricing applications, algorithmic trading components, STP, for Rates and Credit businesses.
Responsibilities of the E-trading Application Engineer:
- Day-to-day management of production: monitoring, capacity management, problem resolution activities, change management
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of technical support systems
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services
- Scripting (Python, Shell, SQL....) and development skills for administration, monitoring and support tools
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding
- Project management skills to deliver medium scale projects
- Ideally good knowledge and experience on ION technology
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat) operating systems to be able to tune operating systems platforms for optimum performance.
If you are a highly-motivated E-trading Application Engineer to take on your next challenge, then please get in touch on 0207 014 0231 or Ashleya@montash.com