URGENT requirement for an Electronic Trading Java Developer to join a Leading Investment Bank based in Central London. 6 Month duration with a chance of long term extension. You will get the chance to work in a dynamic team of 30+ people worldwide developing the client's global electronic trading platform for fixed income interest rate products!
You will be working on a collection of 15 applications covering a wide range of functionalities. The main application will operate under real time, low latency constraints which work in turn with market conditions.
The backend applications are primarily written in Java with some c++ for windows and legacy systems. The Multi purpose client application is written in C#
The Java developer will be reponsible for :
- delivering any assigned tasks to Production as per time, non-functional and functional requirements - in particular, ensuring deliveries meet adequate levels of testability, at unit, component and integration levels;
- liaising directly with business users over requirement gathering;
- focusing on the platform's non-functional behaviour: performance, scalability, security etc - and making sure that tests in this area are repeatable;
- documenting new functionalities and training users/support teams support as appropriate;
Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- University degree in any quantitative discipline (math, computer science, engineering).
- Proven recent SDLC experience on mature, enterprise multi-threaded Java development projects - greenfield projects should be a minority.
- Significant exposure to high frequency, low latency programming environments - typically in the context of electronic trading for Equities, Commodities, FX or Rates.
- C/C++ and JNI experience is desirable but not an absolute requirement.
- Knowledge of ION Marketview and its programming environment would be a plus.
java / developer / java developer / c++ / e trading / c# / tibco /investment bank/ ion / fixed income / software development lifecycle / sdlc / jni / C++ / ION Marketview / java dev / developer / electronic trading / e trading