Infrastructure Architect - Cloud - Commerical - Enterprise Architecture - VMware- SCCM - Microsoft - Citrix - London
Infrastructure Architect - Cloud - Commerical - Enterprise Architecture - VMware- SCCM - Microsoft - Citrix - London required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Infrastructure Architect.
Salary Range = £70,000 - £75,000 per Annum + Benefits.
Tasks the successful candidate will be completing will include:
The Infrastructure Architect will contribute to establishing and maintaining the infrastructure enterprise architecture. The Infrastructure Architect will work closely with the Solution and Infrastructure Architecture teams as well as other groups, including applications and network teams to ensure the enterprise architecture maintains a holistic view. The Infrastructure Architect Architect leads the definition and implementation of strategies, principles, and standards for enterprise architecture and interacts with key business stakeholders to ensure on-going alignment with the business direction and objectives.
- Ability to "think big" and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology options and hype.
- Experience with private, public and hybrid cloud solutions and the interoperability between them.
- Working with Cloud Providers from a commercial point of view.
- Extensive datacentre experience in a global environment.
- Extensive experience with Cisco Flexpod, Blade Technology, HP, Netapp, Nutanix technologies.
- Experience of VMware, Hyper V, Xen server, XenApp, Xen Desktop, Exchange, Oracle, and SQL applications.
- Experience of Enterprise Architectural tools in terms of deployment, configuration and management.
- Oversight of any successful implementation of "orchestration" toolsets.
- Experience of networking practices and networks as well as cloud network type services.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and people management skills.
- Coaches and mentors other solution architects.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to promote open communication and teamwork.
- Experience with enterprise architectural frameworks, service oriented architecture and building architecture roadmaps.
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate standards to meet business requirements.
- Be proactive and have initiative for continuous improvement.
- Understanding the IT architecture discipline, processes, concepts, and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related program.
- Master's degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 5 - 10+ years architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical applications.
- Knowledge around Automated Infrastructure provisioning would be a bonus.
- Any familiarity with DevOps would also be beneficial - although the successful candidate won't be coding.