Enterprise Architect (Global Insurance Company)
I am currently working with a Global Insurance Enterprise that is going through their largest IT Transformation and as a result is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join the team.
The Enterprise Architect maps technology direction and strategy to the business strategy as solutions are identified and created by the technology teams.
The Enterprise Architect influences both business and technology teams and will ultimately be the bridge between domain, solution and Infrastructure architecture in order to meet the enterprise needs.
The Enterprise Architect must understand the business strategy and translate this into an architectural approach (macro view), but they must also be able to work with individual projects and deliver very concrete guidance to these projects that focuses on the successful delivery of the individual project within that macro view. The enterprise architect transforms tech-speak into the language of business solutions, and they know what technology is needed to enable business strategy.
- Ensure that technology objectives of the enterprise are aligned to the business goals.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise reference architecture by taking into account near term and long-term business drivers.
- Develop presentations, high level blueprints, and communication strategies to ensure enterprise architecture strategies are conveyed and supported throughout the organization.
- Build support and key relationships to allow for cross company buy-in of architecture ideas.
- Significant responsibility to drive integration across all aspects of enterprise architecture and ensuring an end to end enterprise focus.
- Work with business partners, product owners, product development and product delivery teams to analyse and capture business needs.
- Reviews and validates that the construction of software or implementation of third party solutions, including infrastructure, operating systems, security, scalability, and business features are in compliance standards and is in alignment with the technology and business roadmap
- Reviews and validates that technology solutions to business requirements are consistent with business and technology environment. Provides technical advice and quantification of technical risks to product team
- Makes recommendations regarding architectural solutions. Drives the design and construction of complex business problems into innovative technology solutions. Reviews and validates architecture artefacts such as models, diagrams and component documents.
- Collaborates with teams, product development, and quality assurance to have an emphasis on software quality and reusability. Communicates and documents architectural and technical approaches and decisions
- Creates architectural & technology roadmaps, strategy, process, standards and governance documents
- Bachelor's degree in IT or relevant business subject
- 10+ years of related experience
- Ability to work in an application technology agnostic environment (experience in .NET, Java, Microsoft Biztalk and ECM, BPM would be highly advantageous)
- Thorough understanding of and ability to independently apply fundamental software engineering skills including industry software development methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of the IT industry (e.g., emerging technologies, industry standards, support services, SOA architecture, open-source initiatives, systems design and systems integration.
- Industry recognized software architecture or technical architecture certification preferred.
TOGAF / Architect / Solution / Integration / Financial Services / FS / EEAs / Domain Architect / Enterprise Architecture / IBM Case Manager