Enterprise Data Architect - London based
Montash has been retained by a global satellite telecommunications company to source for a Enterprise Data Architect.
This role is accountable for information architecture and information and data strategy across all business capabilities for my client, and owns the Enterprise Information Reference Models.
This strategic role will be looking at how to manage data and storing this in the cloud - both their internal data as well as pulling external data from competitors, suppliers etc. My client is also moving from a structured data warehouse model to a more unstructured data model as they are looking to building a "data lake" in the cloud so strong data analytics experience is required.
Main Key Skills I'm looking for is someone who has experienced in:
NoSQL - Structured/unstructured data experience - Cloud experience - Distributed technologies
Information Architecture: Strategy & Architecture Planning:
- Lead the definition of the base line and target information architecture and information and data strategy, taking into account all data security and compliance requirements, in line with the OneIT 'cloud first' programme, gaining commitment to this across Group IT and the business.
- Understand the key information needs and issues for stakeholders across the business, and ensure that these will be addressed through all project, programme and other supporting workstreams.
- Maintain the roadmap to achieve the target information architecture.
- Share information, security and compliance industry best practice, identify potential opportunities and provide guidance and thought leadership with respect to emerging technologies and practice, demonstrating how these could support or augment the strategic vision and roadmap.
Information Architecture: Principles, Policies and Reference Models:
- Develop, manage and embed the information principles, policies and processes, ensuring alignment to Group IT policy and industry standards / legislation.
- Define, manage and socialise a core set of usable information models and reference artefacts. This includes the Enterprise Information Reference Model, the Enterprise Data Dictionary, and conceptual and logical information and data model.
- Drive the consistent management and use of information & data across the Group IT estate as well as the broader business.
- Provide technical leadership to all levels on the subject of information, data security and compliance.
Programmes & Workstreams:
- Work closely with Business Architects, Programme Managers, and Workstream Leads to define the overall programme roadmap, and inform the workstream plans from an information, data security and compliance perspective.
- Provide high level impact assessments of issues relating to information, data security and compliance, and agree tactical resolution (if appropriate), alongside the longer-term resolution within the overall programme and workstreams.
- Ensuring project design deliverables conform to architectural principles.
- Participating in project governance, approving solutions and designs and conducting quality assurance as required.
- Proactively identifying opportunities and requirements for common application / infrastructure framework solutions and defining the roadmap for development tools for specific technologies / applications;
- Providing input into required governance and technical strategies for the relevant technologies, creating papers for presentation at relevant governance forums;
- Identifying technical risks for proposed solutions, identifying mitigating actions and working with the Enterprise Architecture team and other business / stakeholders to ensure plans are in place to complete mitigating actions;
- Providing a deep knowledge of specific architecture solutions and acting as an informed "challenger" to ensure alternatives have been considered to "just doing what we've always done";
- Degree qualified
- Substantial and provable experience leading and defining information architecture and information strategy together with a broad experience across a number of IT disciples.
- Qualified in an EA discipline, e.g. TOGAF, Zachmann