Enterprise Data Architect
Location: W. Sussex
Salary: £70k Base Salary + Competitive Package
An opportunity has arisen with a market leading global insurance organisation for an Enterprise Data Architect who will be responsible for driving forwards the organisations strategic Architecture goals. This would involve enhancing the coherence, quality, security and availability of the organization's data assets through the development of the Architecture roadmap. This is a role that would be well-suited to a strategic individual who is looking to take on a position that allows them to have a real and significant impact on the business's enterprise architecture.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Define and implement overall data modelling standards, guidelines, best practices and approved modelling techniques and approaches.
- Plan, document and present enterprise data architecture-related strategies such as structured, unstructured and metadata.
- Supervise the creation of physical and logical data models in the assigned project.
- Designs, Communicates, maintains and enforces the technology vision and architecture.
- Drive best practices in relation to data security, backup, disaster recovery, business Continuity and archiving.
- Lead the reviews of project Architecture Definition Documents and related artifacts to ensure that projects align their design to agreed and appropriate architectures.
- Drive best practice in regards to reference / master data, transactional processing systems, data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting technologies.
You will have:
- Proven experience of Data Architecture frameworks
- Considerable data modelling, manipulation and rationalisation experience within complex environments.
- Design of physical and logical data models
- Understand the data entities and sources, their relational and hierarchical dependencies, and their business context.
- Broad experience of complex data environments design, ETL (Extract, transform, Load) and Reporting solutions
- It related degree
- Experience of MDM is a definite advantage.
- Proven expertise on RDBMS - Oracle Desirable; SQL/Server and DB2 required
- Proven expertise on Data appliances - Netezza, Teradata
If this exciting opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Send your CV to Barty Isola at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02070140230
We can also provide private and confidential consultations on the marketplace in general so please get in touch.