Montash have been engaged by a Financial Services Client based between London and Brentwood, Essex to source an Enterprise Data Architect for an initial 3 month contract with a chance of extension.
The successful Architect must be happy to split their time between London and Brentwood. One remote day is also possible.
The client are currently embarking on a number of different change initiatives. The Enterprise data architect role is critical in the success of shaping and delivering these changes.
The role is aligned across a number of initiatives and is charged with promoting data as an asset across the enterprise. You will offer advise on how to most efficiently deliver data centric solutions, whilst maintaining quality controls and aligning to the strategic enterprise architecture vision.
Experience with both Azure and Financial Services are essential for this role.
Key Role Responsibilities
* Define data-centric designs against initiative scope
* Assess vendor and build options as appropriate
* Contribute to enterprise architecture and strategic vision from a data perspective
* Attend appropriate committees/forums
* Ensure key principal risks are assessed and monitored, managed and controlled effectively aligned to the bank's risk appetite
* Responsible for ensuring IT & Change governance is followed
* Ensure the adherence to IT security policies.
- Experience in designing enterprise-scale data solutions
- Experience across spectrum of data-related activities, including data structure design, analytics, reporting & KPIs, governance
- Experience in both greenfield and legacy environments
- Strong stakeholder management in a regulated environment
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Self- starter attitude with drive to achieve
- Commercial awareness with an operational and strategic mindset
- Good sense approach in a transformational environment.
- Good sense approach to problem solving
- Creative thinking with sensible solutions
- Financial services experience strongly desirable
- Knowledge of different data warehouse approaches (e.g. Kimball, Inmon)
- Knowledge of different data design approaches
- Experience working with different technical data storage solutions (e.g. RDBMS, Graph DB, Document-based stores, K/V stores, Column-based stores)
- Experience working with different analytics storage solutions (e.g. DWH, data lake)
- Knowledge of different analytics solutions (e.g. Qlikview, Power BI)
- Knowledge of different reporting solutions
- Knowledge of Master Data Management approaches
- Knowledge of applications and implications of machine learning from a data perspective
- Experience with different ETL technologies
- Experience with cloud and SaaS technologies
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Experience working with Microsoft/Azure technologies is desirable