Montash have been engaged by a Leading Consultancy to source an Estates Project Manager for a Law Enforcement Client based across 400 sites in London.
The role requires a canddiate from a NHS, MOJ, DWP type background for an initial 3 - 6 month contract. You will be required to work at various sites in London throughout the week and potentially other govenment agency sites.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Project Management
- Able to create plans, manage and deliver to plan
- Risks and issues - identification, logging, chasing and resolving
- Use of MS project tools and associated tools
- Manage suppliers and teams
- Financial Management
- Able to estimate and manage to budget
- Good understanding of rates, costs and budgets
- Ability to estimate project costs and complexity
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited guidance
- The client has over 400 sites in London and the projects result in PMs having to work at multiple sites each day/week
- Good understanding of networks, TERs, cabling, patching, circuits, police systems, police applications, police ways of working, design standards and building regulations
- Ability to work with senior police and officers at site, to make decisions and to lead discussions, provide guidance, processes and manage expectations
- Decommission of sites and the management of equipment disposal
- PMs will work at multiple and sometimes other government agency sites throughout London on a daily/weekly basis
- PM will need to get access to active and inactive police sites
- Be able to identify equipment at sites (i.e. what is a TER, what cabling exists, IT cabinets, servers, printers, workstations and devices)
- Working in a construction environment
- Any experience of this is useful as we frequently need to work on new builds or refurbished sites
- Awareness of construction and building site H&S, CDM and Asbestos policies and procedures
- Need knowledge and good awareness of what is involved in working on a site or managing supplier or other team members who are going on-site.
- Management of 3rd parties - construction companies and suppliers (BT, DXC, Canon, Openview, etc.)
- Ability to plan and coordinate other teams, staff, 3rd party suppliers, etc.
- General office systems - AV, telephony, networks, patching and site setup
- Be able to complete site surveys, identify technology in use at site, manage suppliers to get clarity on their systems on site
In addition there is a need for anyone who has strong skills in the Electronic Security Systems (ESS) area.
This area is primarily focused on the assessment, design, deployment, testing and assurance of Electronic Security systems. This includes systems such as perimeter intruder detection systems (PIDS), building and door alarms, CCTV, custody panic strips and alarms, intercom solutions and
The candidate should have good/excellent knowledge of commercial ESS systems and ideally an understanding of how ESS systems work in a secure, multi-site estate. In addition the candidate should be able to review designs, advise on solutions, provide operational evaluation on existing and new systems, troubleshoot, manage secure suppliers and have a good overall knowledge of how ESS systems are tested and assured