Role: ETL Developer
Location: York (homeworking 30% applicable)
Salary: £35 - 55K + bens + bonus
Skills: Informatica, SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse, Oracle,
The Informatica Technical Lead/Senior Developer is an ETL and data warehouse (DW) specialist (primarily in Informatica Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer, DVO) that designs, develops, maintains ETL and data warehouse solutions in collaboration with our key business customers and stakeholder (Actuarial) on the Life Data & MI Platform. The Technical Lead/Senior Developer is a commercially aware technical expert, who is business facing and who can influence and interpret a high level requirement into a low level technical solution and then develop an ETL solution to meet that requirement efficiently. This role is very customer focussed, and requires a self starter who is can proactively engage and work alongside actuarial teams in a collaborative manner in mature but complex ETL and DW estate.
- Skilled in the use of all Informatica tooling, including Power Centre, Web Analyst, Developer, Data Validation Option (DVO) and Metadata Manager.
- Good verbal and written communication skills enabling effective interaction with both IT and Business stakeholders.
- Organised (work management of self and others) and self-motivated.
- Ability to assimilate technical and business information and to help translate these into practical solutions.
- Ability to positively challenge existing and proposed solutions and present designs and ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse methodologies.
- Familiarity with software solution development lifecycles.
- Some commercial awareness of financial services industry and processes - Actuarial being a strong advantage.
Questions and Answers on the role below from the manager:
- What is the excepted split between hands on design/development and team management?
First 6 months 80% Hands on after this 50% Hands on. Ordinarily our Technical leads might be less hands on but this is likely to be a small onshore team with the prospect of upscaling offshore.
- Is there a list of absolute must have skills that all candidates need to be considered. What are they?
Informatica, very comfortable with SQL, ability to lead, must be able to responsible for managing workloads & customer expectations
- Is there anything we need to look out for which would be a bonus and put them to the front of the que?
Informatica, I think you may be getting the picture now!!!! Someone with experience of the new Informatica toolsets (PowerCentre 10, Web Analyst, Informatica Developer, Business Glossary, BDM would be a massive plus for us)
If you possess the above and have excellent written and verbal skills apply NOW for an interview next week!!!