Finance Systems Manager
Location: Hertfordshire/Greater London
Salary: £60,000 - 65,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Montash have been retained by a sector leading global organisation seeking to add a Finance Systems Manager to their growing team.
The ideal candidate will be driven yet engaging and personable with strong financial systems knowledge combined with technical skills with SQL and MS Access.
You would be joining a dedicated team within Financial Planning & Analysis and reporting into the Financial Planning and Analysis Director. You will also be responsible for supervising and managing other team members.
The FP&A Department consists of 7 members led by the FP&A Director (UK & Ireland). This department is responsible for the reporting, forecasting and budgeting functions within Finance. The role will be supporting the business by ensuring client requirements are met through its financial systems and processes. You will be managing, motivating and developing a team member who supports the administration of the primary financial system (WINGS). Furthermore, the successful candidate will primarily support the entire Finance Team with the development and functioning of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence System (Oracle Essbase).
Main responsibilities & duties
- Acting as business analyst and key coordinator for all systems developments between Finance and the Application Development Centre in Brussels
- Co-ordinating user acceptance testing and responsible for sign-off of all new enhancement requests in the financial system
- Preparation of audit documentation relating to finance systems audit
- Development and preparation of management reports for use by the Finance and Programme Management Teams
- Creating ad hoc reports from Oracle Essbase to facilitate monthly accounting processes
- 2nd level user & technical support (for external software) applications and 3rd level support for internallydeveloped systems
- Manage, motivate and develop Data Administrator who supports the administration of the primary financial system.
- Review and maintain the set-up processes in WINGS, and also validate POS fees defined in the system against external pricing models
- Liaise with Pricing, Sales and Bids team in order to anticipate system changes
- Supporting users on the system, testing new software with the completion of test documentation, ensuring User Acceptance Testing procedures are enforced, identifying business risk impact of new software installations, training finance staff, actioning any requests or dealing with issues that may be raised i.e. security, new user accounts
- Administration and support of WINDEV, Essbase and applications on terminal server
- Ad-hoc reporting as well as working with the business on any new developments that are needed on the system that is driven by client or business needs.
- Candidates will ideally, but not mandatory, come from a background administering financial systems in a medium to large size enterprise, managing a team, possibly with some development experience
- Experience in Hyperion, Planning, SAP, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Analysis Services/ Reporting Services. Travel Industry accounting, although not a key requirement, will have a distinct advantage
- Need to be fully conversant with accounting principles as the systems are highly mechanised with several accounting postings made for each business operation.
If this opportuntiy is of interest please get in touch. Send oyur CV to firstname.lastname@example.org OR call Barty Isola on 02070140230 or 07740284846