Freelance Senior AWS Engineer
Duration: 12 months
I am working with a leading manufacturing company that is seeking a Senior AWS Engineer with extensive experience in Terraform.
The Senior AWS Engineer is a hands-on technical position responsible for operating, monitoring and supporting:
- Create Performance testing and Highly Available Production environments in AWS for the platform.
- Configure security groups, application load balancers and auto scaling groups
- Enable 24 by 7 operation of the platform, resilient to failures of the individual components
- Enable rolling upgrades to the platform
- Design, implement, manage, and orchestrate micro service deployments on Kubernetes.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Kubernetes and Docker.
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD process related to Kubernetes deployments.
- Perform Kubernetes cluster builds, upgrades, and configuration.
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in multiple clouds and bare metal environments
- Troubleshoot issues related to our Kubernetes clusters.
- Writing custom plugins, services and drivers, this includes but is not limited to: Jenkins, AWS Lambda, Docker, Terraform.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code utilizing Terraform for AWS resource provisioning and management (based on immutable compute resources)
- Proficient in working with advanced Amazon Web Services (AWS) like CloudFormation, Autoscaling, and ECS. Mastery of AWS primitives like S3, SQS, ECS to build efficient distributed systems, and able to compose them to build highly available and scalable infrastructure