Position: Data Platform Engineer
Duration: 6 months (with a possibility to extend)
Location: Nuremberg (but up to 80% remote)
I am working with a Global Brand based in Nuremberg that is seeking 3 Data Platform Engineers for two different teams. Between 70-80% remote working but you must be based in Germany.
Technology stack: Python, AWS, Java. Knowledge of container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker) as-well as open source technologies.
You will work with a team of data scientist and architects to serve for millions of users in the world. You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of data or software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with data engineering technologies at scale
- Extensive experience with a modern data pipeline ecosystem
- Proficient in at least one SQL dialect
- Strong skills in a scripting language
- Experience with workflow management tools
- Experience with a scalable messaging system (e.g Kafka, SQS, Kinesis) and different data serialization (e.g. json, protobuf, avro)
- A consistent track record of on-time delivery with high quality
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Experience with Spark, Hive, Presto
- Experience with S3, Redshift and other AWS technologies
- Experience with Kafka, json, avro
- Experience with Scala, Java, Python