Freelance Java Developer
Duration: 12 months (with a possibility to extend)
Location: Munich (1 or 2 days working remotely is an option)
I have an exciting opportunity to work in an agile team of a Global Company. This team is responsible building a suit of microservices applications and modernizing their legacy internal applications (over 15,000), which affect over 100,000 employees worldwide.
Although the project is initially 12 months, the roadmap for this transformation is 3 years - hence there is a strong possibility to work on this project on a long term basis.
- Building and maintaining composite and microservices in Java/Spring
- Design and implement cross team microservices for common functionality
- Mentoring junior developers in best practices, providing guidance for implementation strategies
- Helping to implement proof of concepts for new technologies
- 3+ years of professional Java development experience with RESTful Services
- Passionate about TDD and clean code
- Experience using Spring framework
- Experience using Junit/Mockito for unit testing
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in Amazon AWS environments preferred