Position: Freelance Linux System Engineer
Duration: 12 month initially (with a possibility to extend)
Rate: Competitive Hourly rate depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP (latest 3rd of October)
I am currently working with a Global Organization that is experiencing tremendous growth. This business unit area supports over 1000 application, over 400 serves and over 100,000 employees globally.
With locations all over the world, they are a fast-paced, growing Services Company with tons of positive aspects. Due to increase demand they are seeking 2 Network Engineers to join on freelancing basis.
- Be responsible for ensuring maximum uptime and performance.
- Resolve escalations received through ticketing system, emails, and/or phone calls in a timely manner.
- Take and work tickets and work them to completion. This is a queue based environment.
- Support of connected applications
- Configure and manage Linux and windows hosts.
- Configure and manage multiple Java based applications
- Identify and develop new ways to streamline operations, create solutions and capabilities for the organization.
- Mentor junior engineers and create and maintain internal documentation
- Possess in-depth knowledge of infrastructure monitoring concepts (TCP / IP DNS) and applications (Java, XML, Spring, Apache, ISS, Tomcat).
- Possess excellent soft skills and have the ability to speak to customers when needed.
- Implementation of GetAccess Runtime (Entrust) u. SAML connections, connection of WEB services, connections via reverse proxy
- A passion for problem solving, self-motivated with minimal direction
- 3-5 years' experience with Linux/Unix administration
- Good verbal and written communication skills (good English and German)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must possess shell scripting skills.
- Experience with different technological platforms, Browser (internet explorer, chrome, firebox), OS (Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
- Experience in desktop, laptop and mobile device technologies.
- Experience in identity management and cloud services (AWS and Azure)