Senior Java Developer
Duration: 6 months project (with a possibility to extend)
Please note that as the documentation of the project is in German - we are looking for someone with at least B2 Level German.
We are looking for a senior Java EE developer with extraordinary attention to detail and excellent technical and communication skills. He/she will possess the desire and ability to develop and own technical and functional knowledge of application components. Required skills and experience include:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented software design using UML, data modelling and architectural abstractions.
- Solid understanding of and ability to apply Java and Java EE design patterns.
- Strong desire to write testable software, and a solid mindset of unit testing the code that is produced.
- Proven experience in creating RESTful APIs.
- Experience working on highly scalable client facing application development.
- Enterprise software application development with excellent knowledge of distributed computing (Java EE, Spring, ORM tools etc.) and security systems.
- Proven experience in optimizing and troubleshooting complex Java EE solutions running on a Java EE application server (e.g. WebLogic, Websphere, Jboss etc.).
- Experience leading, managing and coordinating technical aspects of large project.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively raise concerns and take initiative to get the right people involved to bring issues to resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good team player.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Microservices and Docker
- 6+ years experience with Java
- 5+ years experience with modern web applications: API development, self-contained services, service discovery, circuit breaking patterns, JSON and HAL.
- 5+ years experience with Java EE (Servlets/JSP, MVC Framework, JMS, JDBC)
- 5+ years experience with Integration Technology: RESTful web
- 5+ years SQL, PL/SQL and RDBMS databases
- 4+ years experience with Java EE Application Servers (e.g. WebLogic/WebSphere/JBoss or even Tomcat)
- 4+ years experience with Spring Framework
- 4+ years experience with REST API development tools such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC, JAX-RS
- 4+ years experience with Hibernate, Spring Data or other ORM tools
- 3+ years experience Common Utilities and Testing Tools: JUnit, Log4J, Ant, Maven
- More than 1 year experience with Security Frameworks: LDAP, JAAS authentication, Spring Security, OpenAM