ROLE: Front End Developer X5
LOCATION: Frankfurt, Germany 50% of the time and 50% can be from home!!
SALARY: €80-100K + bens
As a Front End Engineer at XXXX you create both rapid prototypes as well as full-scale applications related to either human or animal health. Each initiative lasts for approximately 6 - 12 months, progressing from the initial idea to the final product. You will work collaboratively and iteratively through design and development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications that meet business goals. As a Front End Engineer you will also contribute to the architecture across the technology stack, from database to native apps.
DESIRED SKILLS & MINDSET
You are a talented and ambitious Front End Engineer who inspires and delivers change, who thrives on innovation, learning and problem solving? We're looking for people with the following expertise:
- Professional experience in Agile software development
- Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
- First-hand understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Strong professional experience in HTML5/CSS and building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications (e.g. Python etc.)
- Significant experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale applications
- Experience with relational data stores. Experience with non-relational data stores (e.g. MongoDB etc.) is a plus
- Experience in development in any of the following technologies and opinions on how to use them properly: C#, Java, Scala, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Erlang, etc is a plus
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies and driving change
- Concerned about making the world a healthier place
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Inspirational technical excellence mentorship (whilst adhering to Agile software engineering practices such as DRY, TDD, CI)
- A self-starter mindset and a desire to work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial spirit
- Play an active role in the digital community, i.e. speaking at conferences, blogging, contributing to open source projects, etc.
Our office culture is casual, inclusive, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
We will offer you exciting career prospects within a start-up-like environment, yet aligned to one of the most influential research companies in the world. You will work on challenging initiatives in an innovative state-of-the-art technological environment in small teams of highly motivated colleagues who join us from a variety of backgrounds.