Role: Front-End Developer
Salary: £50 - 70K + Bens
As a Front-End Software Engineer working in the Emerging Technology team, you will design, develop, release, and maintain web-based front-end systems. You will work closely with researchers and other software engineers to develop existing prototypes into production-ready systems which provide great User Experiences. You will be comfortable developing innovative new front-ends from scratch with a high degree of autonomy and improving the ones already existent. You will be joining a team focused on early-stage product development in emerging technologies and nascent markets and will enjoy rapid iteration as you move between projects.
The position is based in London and will suit you if you have 2-3 years commercial expertise and are looking to grow within a company and develop your skills.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Strong knowledge of AJAX, current web standards, trends and patterns such as responsive/mobile-first design.
- Experience with web mapping solutions (e.g. Mapbox) highly desirable
- A strong commitment to delivering great User Experience
- Excellent UI design skills
- Experience delivering web applications which provide complex functionality to the user
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- A passion for writing clean, reliable, thoroughly-tested, maintainable code
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting cross-browser issues/solutions, and supporting and maintaining code developed by third parties
- Ability to work on a breadth of web technologies whilst ensuring a coherent, high-performing platform
- Ability to produce documentation that is well-structured and well-written
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical colleagues, including giving demonstrations of your software
- Ability to understand product development within the context of the business and how products will contribute to the success of the company
- Being a good team player and able to work with different people across departments and levels.
If you possess all the above and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, apply NOW!!!