Head of Software Engineering - Perm - Luton - 85/95k
Job title: Head of Software Engineering
Salary: £85,000-£95,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Job type: Permanent
My client is a leading FTSE 100 enterprise who are looking for an experienced Software engineering manager to lead all solution designers, system analysts, tech leads and scrum masters.
You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time and with effective resource solutions, frameworks and teams that demonstrate value for money whilst managing technical delivery, financial and business stakeholders.
- Leading technical architects, systems analysts, tech leads and scrum masters.
- Developing a highly skilled pool of technical leaders/ mentoring and coaching technical staff.
- Constantly developing their software delivery lifecycle capabilities.
- Collaboration with IT architecture to ensure the roadmaps of future technology are met with appropriate processes, skills and tools.
- Working with IT delivery managers to ensure that short term delivery challenges and long term technical capabilities are effectively balanced to the needs of the business.
- Working with the Business Change team and IT Portfolio Managers for roadmaps, business cases and strategy.
- Proactively building relationships within the IT group.
- Become the "go to person" for technical excellence and decision making based on software.
- Utilization of third party suppliers.
- Developing Agile practices and instilling a DevOps culture into the business.
- Have overall responsibilities for up to 37 technical people with direct line management for four key areas.
- Technical education background.
- Leading and managing development teams.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the full software delivery practices such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, DevOps, Pair programming, TDD, BDD etc.
- Senior stakeholder management.
- Experience of enterprise organisations and complex architectures.
- Deep technical experience of implementation, architecture and infrastructure.
- Experience, qualifications and certifications for key programming languages, ideally Java.
- Experience in vendor selection process.
- Experience with significant online trading volumes and throughput as well typical high-street bricks and mortar infrastructure.