Global Infrastructure Architect
Salary : Up to £70,000 Base + Package
Location: Crawley, UK
An opportunity has arisen with a market leading global insurance organisation for a Global Infrastructure Architect who will be responsible for driving forwards the organisations strategic Architecture goals.
You will be an individual that has a strong blend of architectural, design & operational experience to support enablement of key strategies and supporting standards across a wide range of infrastructure products, technologies & areas (LAN/WAN, Perimeter, Compute, Storage, Virtualization, Unified Communications). The ideal candidate will have proven abilities in products and services that span all infrastructure technologies.
- Support Infrastructure Technology related solutions & services, through development and maintenance of infrastructure technology infrastructure strategies, standards, architectures, designs, patterns, guidelines & road maps that are cohesive and aligned with overarching enterprise architecture (EA) and infrastructure roadmaps.
- Act as a bridge between other architecture areas, operations, and business teams to ensure that technology infrastructure meets divisional (availability, scalability, and performance) and enterprise goals (flexibility, complexity reduction, increased re-use, cost reduction and speed to market).
- Work with delivery teams to conduct and/or support periodic assessments gauging the level of alignment enterprise architectures have achieved against the infrastructure standards. Ensuring the solution components fit well with infrastructures and conforms to security requirements
- Identify opportunities to provide innovative enterprise solutions, by leading PoC's & pilot's for technology that strengthen the global service offerings & capabilities. Ensure tight alignment & partnerships with key technology vendors to ensure forward thinking & proactivity.
- Directly support the delivery organizations (Operations & ADM) by ensuring they have access to current, approved & appropriate standards & reference materials, which enable rapid & consistent execution.
- Ability to develop architectures & product/service standards that directly translate to operational deliveries in a globally consistent fashion.
- Able to communicate complex technological situations in non-technical language to a wide variety of audiences
- Compute - Extensive architecture & design experience with Server, Storage & Virtualization technologies.
- Networking - Good practical understanding of LAN, WAN, Perimeter & Security technologies/capabilities that support & enable the Data Centre operation.
- Systems Management - Good practical experience with the Microsoft Systems Centre suite of technologies
- CMDM capabilities, ideally also with ServiceNow.com exposure & experience.
- Applications & Data - Good practical experience in creating & managing application patterns & how they relate to infrastructure services.
- Ability to make and check calculations accurately and with attention to detail.
- Enter data accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and prepare management information e.g. Budgets, Business case
If this role is of interest please get in touch. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Barty Isola on 02070140230.