Head of DevOps (Infrastructure & Operations) - Contract/Freelance - 12 Months Minimum (Negotiable) - €120 - €140 Euros Per Hour - Amstelveen Netherlands - IT
Montash have been engaged by a global electronics client based in Amstelveen who are looking for a Head of DevOps who will be responsible for collaborating with senior stakeholders on a daily basis such as CTO, VP of Engineering and Architects to design, build and support digital media content.
You will also be responsible to maintain a 24/7 production cloud based infrastructure. You will manage a team of DevOps Engineers, create effective communication throughout the organisation on system performance.
This is a good opportunity for someone who is looking to support a strong engineering culture transitioning into DevOps.
Other than the main responsibilities listed above, you will also be responsible for:
- Model infrastructure growth and create plans for meeting the growth.
- Support QA (Quality Assurance) function by enabling continuous builds and automated testing etc.
- Support product development through scripts and tools writing.
- Proven experience of working as a Head of or Manager within a similar field such as DevOps, Cloud, Infrastructure, IT or Operations. If you have previously managed DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers or System Administrators, this will be a preference to the client.
- 5+ years of technology, management and operations experience within Information Technology.
- 6+ years of hands on experience with Linux, System Engineering/Administration and hosted applications.
- Expert understanding of running a global-scale virtualized infrastructure in the cloud (preferably AWS or Azure).
- Extensive knowledge of DevOps tools such as Puppet, Ubuntu, Chef, Docker and Linux/Unix.
- Working knowledge of continuous deployment and integration and automated testing.
- Scripting experience will be beneficial, although desirable such as Perl, Bash or Python.
Please Note: This position is based in Amstelveen and the client has a preference for locally based candidates.
If you would be interested in this position and you would like more information, please contact me on +44(0) 207 014 0231 or firstname.lastname@example.org