Role: Head of Infrastructure - Hands-On role
Salary: £75 -90K + bens
Skills: This is a Hands-On role and NOT just a Man Manager - there are 6 reports to manage /lead
Saas, Load balancing F5, AWS, Storage, Routing, Switching, DataCenter, Cloud, ITIL,
The head of infrastructure is responsible for managing the various facets of our physical infrastructure that support our production systems. As the commoditization of IT & Hardware continues at increasing rate, the Head of Infrastructre must remain agile, pragmatic and business savvy. They cannot be rooted in 'old school' infrastructure management but must lead the charge in the adoption of new approaches to global operations. With more software companies transitioning from traditional on-premise deployment models to recurring revenue based SaaS offerings, the Head of Infrastructure must also ensure that revenue is protected through excellence of services offerings, the security of customer data and maintaining the trust aspects of the company with customers.
The effective Head of Infrastructure is someone who has extensive experience in global operations of a SaaS based vendor. Because the Head dof Infrastructure interacts with all execs and senior managers, they must exhibit personal, business and technical skills, calling upon each to determine the best course of action to ensure 'the lights stay on' within the organization and to ensure that the IT and SaaS operations strategy is fully aligned with all stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must exhibit a proven track record of:
- Multiple years of operations ownership within a SaaS Organization, preferably with experience of major platform migration from DataCenter to Cloud Service Provider.
- Cost effective gaining of industry certifications pertinent to the industry such as SOC1+2 and ISO27001 to assist customer acquisition without stifling the ability of the company to operate.
- Continual improvement of procedures and operations in line with, but not necessarily unbreakably tied to ITIL standards
- Global team management, uniting disparate backgrounds and cultures
- Management of investment business cases for budgeting of major projects and initiatives.
- Cost savings measures through retirement of existing solutions.
- Setting global strategies that support sales and customer engagement
- Being able to operate in fast paced, global environments where strategies continually refined and adjusted.
- A continual simplification of the production landscape through the implementation of SaaS/Cloud based business solutions while balancing the overall operational rigor of the company, adherence to customer privacy requirements and costs.
- Contract negotiation and vendor management.
- A solid understanding of the legal aspects of SaaS customer contracts.
- Experience of both 'Co Location' solutions and Infrastructure as a service/Platform as a service modes of operations, picking the correct one for the solution at hand.
- Incident management experience coordinating multiple teams to resolve incidents whilst sending out appropriate communications to all involved parties.
- Manage and Maintain both Physical and Virtual DC's globally.
- Maintain 24/7 support coverage for all critical infrastructure utilising internal and external resources as required.
- Experience managing teams that support the following technologies:
- Storage systems
- Virtualisation - AWS
- Load Balancing - F5
- Open Source systems
- Routing and Switching
- Manage projects to simplify the infrastructure
- Ensuring services meet the agreed SLA's and appropriate reporting is in place to evidence it.
If you have excellent communication skills both written and verbal apply NOW!!!