Montash have been engaged by an international blue chip organisation in West London, to assist in the acquisition of a Head of IT Operations, who will play a key role in managing day to day operations of their private cloud (AWS), data centre and network environments and teams.
As the Head of IT Operations, you will also lead numerous high-impact business transformation projects such as an upcoming enterprise Windows migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS).In addition, you will also provide network and infrastructure design, installation, and maintenance expertise, including improving DevOps adoption and Continuous integration / deployment using Puppet, Powershell and Jenkins.
In addition to providing significant technical competencies to our client and the infrastructure team and department, you will also be responsible for all team performance and management responsibilities of a team of 10+ Engineers. This will also entail managing a small service desk team and management of all SLAs and KPIs.
It is also highly advantageous that you have demonstrable experience in Disaster Recovery, Risk Management and have strong competencies in Vendor / Supplier management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In summary, the Head if IT Operations you will need to have strong experience in the following areas:
- 4 years of experience in Head of Operations, IT Operations Manager, or Infrastructure Management positions
- Strong Experience in migrating to a cloud environment
- Amazon web service (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Puppet and Jenkins or other similar tools
- Strong Technical Knowledge in managing enterprise infrastructure
- Windows operating systems
- VLAN and Firewall Policies
- VMware and administration
- Citrix XenApp
- Server administration task (Active Directory, GPO, File and printer Management, DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS, Exchange)
- Network - FortiGate Firewall, Cisco & D-Link Switches, Aruba wireless
- Strong knowledge of network and server security
With strong team leadership and motivational experience, the Head of IT Operations will have a huge passion for motivating and mentoring team members. You will also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment but possess the ability to remain calm under pressure. Self-starter, strong initiative & leadership and experience using Agile principles, tools and techniques are also a major plus.
This is a brand-new position so If you have the necessary experience to be an ideal candidate for this role, please contact Saeed at Saeeds@montash.com with an updated version of your resume immediately.