This role will be accountable for:
- Establishing enterprise direction for security architecture
- Driving build out of centralised tooling responsible for securing enterprise networks, public & defense networks as well as satellite & telecommunications networks.
- Creating operational standards for the "RUN" state of the security technology function
- Driving KPI/KRIs within operations to ensure security technologies are maintained/tuned day to day as well as upgraded to fit business goals/remain on the bleeding edge
- Build security engineering team to deliver against build & run goals
- Over time as the operationalisation of the IT security function takes shape this role will naturally transition toward governance of the IT security environment; as such succession planning should be taken into consideration when defining strategy
Key knowledge/experience will include:
- Proven leadership within a large scale complex & global environment
- Strong understanding of security technology and a track record in delivering security technology change programs
- Understanding of industry best practice standards such as NIST, ISO27001 etc.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and enterprise networking
- Team management accountability of 10+ resources & experience building teams
- End to end transformation experience within infrastructure/security environment
This role works with sensitive information across government/defense networks, as such the successful individual must have the availability to obtain SC/DV clearance.