Head of IT / Description
A unique opportunity has arisen with a Global FMCG Enterprise that is undergoing a large IT Transformation. This transformation will be affecting their whole IT (ERP, CRM, Architecture, and Security). To guide them through this process they are seeking a Head of IT to join their team. This enterprise is a Global Leader with revenue of $26.47 billion.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Responsible for establishing, managing and transforming an IT Strategy program for us. Responsibilities to include the refinement and implementation of existing frameworks to better ensure greater alignment of IT strategy with the overall business strategy, definition and management of key strategic IT initiatives as necessary to further the goals and objectives of IT and business, and appropriate management reporting to demonstrate the progress made against these key goals and objectives. While creating value for the business, learn enough about IT and the business functions it supports to increasingly be viewed as a candidate for a senior leadership role.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
Review alignment of existing IT strategy with business strategy and enhance the overall approach/framework to more effectively bring the groups together.
The role will be divided in 4 main sections:
- Business Partnering
- Project Delivery
- Service Delivery
- Lead the overall IT strategy initiative including the establishment of standards/templates for the definition and ongoing maintenance of future state models and roadmaps, the dashboarding of progress by all teams, the identification of key areas of opportunity and significant risk.
- Working closely with the CTO and direct reports, periodically refresh IT strategy and determine the need to adjust IT's operating model, delivery model, and organizational architecture to better enable IT strategy and business function success.
- Identify and lead a portfolio of other high impact initiatives designed to further free up capacity and/or better position IT for future success.
- Liaise with business partners across the company, including executive and board level management, to demonstrate and communicate the value of the IT strategy and further the cooperation between the groups.
- Lead and encourage the sharing of ideas across the business to drive operational consistency and efficiency
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of metrics and management dashboards for use in communications materials.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
Minimum of 7 years' experience in an IT Leadership role as a manager with responsibility for strategic direction, or in a consulting capacity.
Broad knowledge of technologies, systems and business processes in use for the investments and fund management industries.
Practical experience in the use of LEAN, Agile, Continuous Improvement, ITIL, Service Management and Total Cost of Ownership practices to improve overall value generation capabilities of IT
Knowledge of innovation technologies, processes and methodologies a plus.
Big 4 type consulting experience a plus
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to see bigger picture, think more strategically, partner more effectively with our business clients and be better suited to working on future state planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a high performance team to deliver on commitments, achieve results and act with integrity.
- Encourages and supports team in creating new ideas and solutions to improve group effectiveness and challenge the status quo. Champions innovation and leads others in adapting to change. Demonstrates commitment to continuous team learning and serves as a role model for on-going professional development.
- Understanding of the way to operate in a highly regulated service industry, preferably asset management.
- Recognition and understanding of the need to balance the needs of multiple geographically diverse locations - understanding business differences, regulatory complications, cultural nuances etc
- Experience in large IT Transformations; broad knowledge in CRM (Salesforce.com), ERP (SAP), Office365, Apple Products
- Fluent in England & German (ideally)
- Recognition and understanding of the need for effective communications within and across IT and business teams.