Head Of Software Engineering - Luton - Up to £100,000+ benefits
Head of Software Engineering required for a leading Travel & Tourism client of mine based in Luton.
As a key figure in the Software Engineering team, you will be responsible for the following;
Strategy and Delivery Ensuring that we:-
Deliver on time and with effective resource solutions, frameworks and teams that demonstrate value for money whilst managing technical delivery, financial and business stakeholders. You will continue to develop our software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) capabilities to enable parallel development streams and driving changes to market quicker. To do this, you will be a strong technical leader with the people skills to be able to work across business functions but also internally with the IT function.
As a strategic thinker, you will always review the current ways of working with a view to driving forward improvements and implementing best practice.
Leadership You will build strong, sustainable, knowledgeable, versatile and fun technical teams who are passionate about code, delivery and the products by hiring, mentoring and coaching technical staff. You will develop your teams to ensure that you can attract and retain talent within the organization. In order to achieve this, you will role model the companies Behaviours and inspire your teams to deliver the best for the UK & I. As part of this, you will develop and maintain a high performing team that improves productivity and quality.
Third Party Suppliers You will be utilizing our on-shore and off shore suppliers and ensuring there is appropriate balance between in-house, contractor and supplier teams. You will matrix manage capability of technical roles within the existing business focused delivery framework. This is a key part of the role as you will need to ensure that our partners are aware of our processes and are committed to delivering with the team.
Line Management You will have overall responsibility for up to 37 technical people with direct line management responsibility for four key areas, Solution Design (Technical Architect), System Analysts, Scrum Master and Tech Lead functions. Through your leadership team you will ensure that the teams are productive and providing high quality output. You will provide technical guidance, strategic direction and ownership and technical governance. You will also ensure your team define appropriate quality measures for all functions.
Essential Skills Required
- Leading and managing development teams.
- Deep experience and knowledge of the full software delivery life cycle.
- Deep experience with development and delivery practices such as Agile, scrum, lean, kanban, xp, devops, pair programming, TDD, BDD etc.
- Experience of enterprise organisations and complex architectures.
- Experience leading, managing and coaching under-performing and high-flying staff.
- Deep technical experience of implementation, architecture and infrastructure.
- Experience, qualifications and certifications for key programming languages, ideally Java, .NET and Hybris.
- A genuine love of technology, a desire to see how it works at a low level, with the ability to deliver business benefit.
- Experience with significant online trading volumes and throughput as well typical high-street bricks and mortar infrastructure.
This is a permanent position based in Luton, paying up to £100,000 + Bonus, Car, Pension etc.
If this role suits your skill set, apply with an up to date CV and I will be in touch shortly.