High Performance Computing (HPC) Engineer
I am currently working with one of the most recognized brands in the world that is seeking an experienced High Performance Computing Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity for an HPC Engineer with experience in CFD.
The HPC engineer will be maintaining both hardware and software and it will contribute towards the optimization of Computational Fluid Dynamics. Ideally you will have experience in infiniband, cluster. FC SAN, large SMP Systems and high end graphic workstations.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
- Manage software and hardware issues
- Experience in HPC hardware (clusters, storage, storage, archiving and InfiniBand/NUMALink)
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelors / Maters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Hardware accelerators (OS, Pro-pack, DMF, CXFS)
- Experience in Linux, Unix, Scripting (bash, python) NFSM CXFS and DMF
- Experience in Virtualization (cpuset, cpuset, cgroups, LXC)
- Parallel programming models (TBB, OpenMP, MPI, etc.).
- Computer architecture knowledge (Memory hierarchy, vector processors, etc.).
- Strong mathematical and linear algebra background (solvers, finite differences, etc.)