HPC Team Lead (package of £100,000-£120,000)
Currently I am working with a Global Enterprise with revenue of $26.49 billion last year. Their environment is highly innovative and exciting and as such it is an exciting time to join the business!
My client is going through a Global Transformation and as such they are seeking a HPC Lead with extensive experience to lead, architect and implement their High Performing Computing Systems (you will also be responsible for a team of HPC Specialist).
This is a HPC focused program that will be responsible for the full lifecycle of HPC services from technology identification and road mapping, HPC architecture design, development, acquisition integration through operations.
The HPC Acquisition Lead will be responsible for identifying and working with specific vendors to ensure acquisition requirements, implementation and integration schedules are met and the right technology is available and accessible to the customer/program. An in depth and comprehensive understanding of the technology and science areas of HPC is critical in this role to the program's success.
- 20+ years overall experience with 12+ years experience working in an HPC environment
- Knowledge of current HPC HW technology
- Strong experience with Cloud Computing (AWS or Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience in managing Linux Variants in Cloud Environment
- Large high speed storage experience, (excess of 1 Petaflop capacity)
- Knowledge of Scientific Computing acquisition requirements
- Familiarity with the specific HPC vendors
- Demonstrated experience in managing an entire HPC system acquisition
- Configuration Experience in Chef,
- Work experience demonstrating a depth of knowledge in CPU, accelerators, storage, networking, OS's.
- A demonstrable understanding of commonly used scientific and engineering applications and their HPC requirements including programming, debugging, maintenance environment
- Experience with HPC, Data Centric and/or Big Data Operations Centers