Developer in Test Required. Developer in Test is required by cutting-edge Media organisation based in Hoofddorp, Netherlands. Working within an innovative engineering team, the Developer in Test will be working on series of next generation products and cloud based projects.
As Developer in Test you will be working with Java 8, AWS, REST, Docker, Jenkins, Jetty, TestNG, Terraform, Rundeck, Mesos, and Unix on a daily basis, so previous experience with these technologies is highly desirable.
As a Developer in Test you will have a minimum of three years java development experiecne as a tester, and possess a keen eye for quality the ability to share/use your testing automation experience in our client's products.
Our client is a true believer in Agile software delivery methods and utilises best inbreed technologies in the DevOps and cloud space (Aws, Docker, Jenkins etc). Existing expertise in these areas are extremely beneficial although the company will provide training in these areas if required.
To summarise the Developer in Test will have thhe following skills and competancies:
· Solid object oriented programming experience in Core Java (ideally Java 8)
· Experience working with web applications: high throughput, low latency, high availability and scalability
· Understanding of application development using cloud frameworks and services
· Be an advocate for writing high quality and well-tested code
· Be comfortable working in a continuous integration environment and taking initiative
· Some experience in containerized environments (e.g. Docker) is a big plus, but not necessary
· It's a plus if you already participate in open source standards/contribute to open source
· Ability to professionally advise on applying design patterns in the right contexts
· An obtained BSc / MSc Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar field
· Proficient English communication skills
Our client is a firm believer that outstanding people allow their company to become a world leader in the future of media, and offer a strong remuneration and benefits package, excellent working environment, and career progression.
If you are available and interested in finding out more then please get in touch with your most recent CV