The Infrastructure Engineering Manager will lead and manage the Infrastructure team to ensure the stable operation and advancement of my client's core platform function in line with agreed service levels. In addition, the role is responsible for guiding and prioritising the work of the IT support team. As the point of escalation for any support incidents, you'll provide business insight into technical issues and ensure issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner. You'll accomplish this by setting stretching objectives for each team member as well as engendering a culture of learning and development to enable them to reach their true potential.
The post holder is responsible for delivering and maintaining functionality, system availability, security and performance to meet current service levels and future business needs whilst always focussing on delivering to business requirements. Maintaining appropriate team structure, skill levels and size to work collaboratively with other IT and business areas providing ongoing support, advice and subject matter expertise for projects, programmes and architecture.
- Management and delivery around all Core platforms whether they be on premise or cloud based
- Coordination of all problems coming from the business and Group companies
- Act as main point of escalation for all IT issues
- Team management: Building and strengthening your team through skills enhancement, coaching and mentoring.
- Performance and talent management: Recruitment, retention, employee development, action plans, re-deployment or dismissal.
- Influencing and negotiating with current and potential sponsors to deliver maximum benefit
- Identifying and/or developing metrics to measure effectiveness of your support function.
- Researching new requirements to understand options, scope, and risk and to formulate and propose appropriate options.
- Providing direction to Technical Support team and other functional groups.
- Coordinating with other team leaders to plan and achieve Group goals.
- Communicating team priorities, status, risks and issues clearly to the Executive.
- Close liaison with Business & key stakeholders
- Occasionally required to work off-site / international
- Degree or related business discipline
- ITIL qualification preferred but not essential
- Prince 2 Practitioner qualification preferred but not essential
- Experience of playing a key role within an Infrastructure related support team working within a complex, multi-site, global environment.
- Proven effectiveness in managing customer expectations and partner relationships.
- Effective verbal and written articulation is required to effectively explain complex technical topics to both internal and external non-experts.
- Experience with process development and proven ability to decompose complex procedures into tactical steps.
- Analytical mind-set with knowledge and passion for media, data and technology
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature interpersonal skills
- Technical background with strong analytical and team working skills.
- Experience of Linux and Solaris Operating systems in an enterprise environment is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing high performing teams.
- Demonstrable experience of working in hybrid managed service environments, ensuring third party providers adhere to my client's values and are held accountable for service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in a technical analytical role responsible for managing and supporting Infrastructure services is essential
- Experience of being able to influence the architectural and financial decision making on infrastructure related capital investments.
- Knowledge and ability to direct resources relating to all aspects of Infrastructure including Microsoft Infrastructure, storage, cloud services, authentication services, virtual environments, desktop services, server hardware, backups, HA & DR, Solaris / Unix, load balancing, clustering, access gateways, messaging, unified communications, monitoring, deployment and management tools.
- Experience of supporting and maintaining mission critical Infrastructure services across a global organisation.
- Demonstrable Fault Diagnosis and Project Management expertise.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Commercial awareness including the ability to assist in the procurement of managed service contracts.