Infrastructure IT Delivery Manager - Luton - Perm - 95K-105K
This role is responsible for managing the portfolio of projects within our technology function, with key stakeholder being the CIO including their senior management team. The purpose of this role will be to have overall responsibility of the business systems within the organisation. This role will look after all project delivery for the following areas:
- Hosting and Storage
- End User Compute
- Enterprise Tooling
- Work with the senior management within the operations function to identify and scope projects that will support our business strategy and plans.
- Create and Manage the Technology Roadmaps for all EIT
- Responsible for Overall Design, Build activity of all EIT services.
- Shape the projects, develop plans, estimates and manage the resourcing requirements, prioritise and achieve necessary approvals for new project initiation.
- Accountable for the successful execution of all projects within the Enterprise IT portfolio, ensuring that milestones are met and key quality gates are achieved within planned budget and timeframe
- Manage any changes to scope, timelines, costs using agreed change management processes
- Responsible for reporting status to the relevant project steering groups
- Source the delivery teams (both third party and inhouse) to develop and test the solutions to agreed standards and track the progress of the delivery
- Manage all risks and issues that could affect the delivery, devise and implement appropriate mitigation strategies
- Line management of a team of project managers and business analysts, including objective setting and tracking, personal development, regular one-to-one interaction
- Contributing to continual improvement of the IT function in general, and the process for business systems delivery in particular.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures projects are delivered on-time, within budget and to a high standard
- Timeliness and accuracy of programme and project kpi reporting
- Stakeholder satisfaction
- Employee engagement levels
Delivery to annual Capex and Opex targets for Operations Systems projects
Decision Making Level
- Needs to have strong relationships and influencing ability at leadership team level
- This role will also be a part of the IT Management team, with responsibilities for shaping and leading the IT function
In line with the Competency framework for job family level HMP which cover:
People (Growing Talent)
- Investors (Business Acumen) - mgrs only
- Operational Excellence (Deliver Results)
- Integrity (Communication)
- Pioneering (Entrepreneurial)
- Customer Focus
Key Skills Required
- Experience partnering with functions within a major customer facing organisation
- Experience of running major business change programmes
- Ability to manage, oversee and ensure structured discipline around Project and Programme management tools, techniques and best practise
- An innovative and positive team player
- Experienced in influencing in a matrix organisation
- A good knowledge and understanding of total cost of ownership of IT assets and functions and the ability to present and manage trade-offs
- A practical knowledge of IT technologies and working practices, so as to shape and manage the future direction of technology within Enterprise IT domain.
- The ability to form strong, mutual and professional business relationships with external partners and suppliers and track record of driving performance and value from supplier organisations
- Broad understanding of systems solutions and architectures
- Track record of attracting, growing and nurturing a high performing team to successfully deliver.