Based in either London or Bury St. Edmunds (with weekly travel to both offices)
Salary paying up to £75,000 + benefits
Montash has been retained by a growing Financial Services to source for their Infrastructure Manager to lead their IT Operations Team in London and Bury St Edmunds. This role will support the business by owning the performance of the core technology infrastructure - such as Network, Servers, Service Desk, Applications Support, Storage, Telephony and Virtualization across the business.
This position reports to their CTO and will have up to 10 direct reports so previous experience managing a team is essential. The Infrastructure Manager will have the overall responsibility and accountability for the design, development, and operations of the company's compute infrastructure and Data Centers.
- Planning and developing clear and concise infrastructure direction as well as participate in design reviews
- Implementation of security practices and technologies that support an online financial services business
- Analysing IT processes, procedures and risks and evaluating the internal controls
- Contributing actively to the continuous improvement of IT methodologies
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision.
- Responsible for feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of hardware and software solutions to address business needs.
- Infrastructure architecture i.e. Systems, Virtual Servers (Xen or VMware), SAN Technology, Network & System Security
- Project hardware, software, and data center requirements and expenditures.
- Responsible for assigning engineering personnel to various projects and directing their activities.
- Provide input/justification for project costs and budget impact.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and communicate infrastructure project plans, schedules, and requirements.
- Ensures all software and hardware products are compatible with my client's infrastructure and networks.
- Identifies and resolves complex problems affecting system performance and resources.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.
- Strong experience of related hardware/software engineering and technical services and production support of the areas of responsibility listed above.
- Knowledge of the networking technologies including TCP/IP and LAN/WAN.
- Three or more years' experience in employee supervision and project management.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- UNIX / LINUX
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- MySQL \ SQL
- Cisco network devices
- IP Telephony
- Citrix XenServer or VMWare
- Web technologies
- Apache & IIS
If you are interested in this position - please apply now with your CV