Role: Head of Infrastructure - Hands-On role
Salary: £75 -85K + bens
Skills: This is a Hands-On role - there are 6 reports to lead
Saas, Load balancing F5, AWS, Storage, Routing, Switching, DataCenter, Cloud, ITIL,
The Infrastructure Team lead is responsible for managing the various facets of our physical infrastructure that support our production systems. As the commoditization of IT & Hardware continues at increasing rate, the Infrastructure Team Lead must remain agile, pragmatic and business savvy.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must exhibit a proven track record of:
- Multiple years of operations ownership within a SaaS Organization, preferably with experience of major platform migration from DataCenter to Cloud Service Provider.
- Cost effective gaining of industry certifications pertinent to the industry such as SOC1+2 and ISO27001 to assist customer acquisition without stifling the ability of the company to operate.
- Continual improvement of procedures and operations in line with, but not necessarily unbreakably tied to ITIL standards
- Global team management, uniting disparate backgrounds and cultures
- Management of investment business cases for budgeting of major projects and initiatives
- Experience of both 'Co Location' solutions and Infrastructure as a service/Platform as a service modes of operations, picking the correct one for the solution at hand.
- Incident management experience coordinating multiple teams to resolve incidents whilst sending out appropriate communications to all involved parties.
- Manage and Maintain both Physical and Virtual DC's globally.
- Maintain 24/7 support coverage for all critical infrastructure utilising internal and external resources as required.
- Experience managing teams that support the following technologies would be nice:
- Storage systems
- Virtualisation - AWS
- Load Balancing - F5
- Open Source systems
- Routing and Switching
- Manage projects to simplify the infrastructure
- Ensuring services meet the agreed SLA's and appropriate reporting is in place to evidence it.
If you have excellent communication skills both written and verbal apply NOW!!!