IT Application Support Analyst required. An IT Application Support Analyst is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leading investment bank, based in London on a six month contract.
IT Application Support Analyst will support the global commodities in house platform, critical for front-to-back functionality including pricing, risk management, market data sharing, p&l reporting, settlements, physical scheduling, trade confirmations and regulatory reporting.
The IT Application Support Analyst's key daily tasks include:
- Proactively monitoring the system
- Configuring the system
- Analysing and resolving production support technical and functional issues
- Fielding questions from all traders, marketers, risk managers, and middle office and keeping them informed of system issues and changes affecting them
- Logging incidents
- Advising the core development team of necessary bug fixes and enhancements
- Participating in the first-line support rota, which includes an early shift for resolving overnight batch issues and an on-call system for overnight and weekend support
- Release management
The IT Application Support Analyst will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong problem-solving
- Communication skills
- Ability to pick up diverse product and process knowledge is critical - you will engage directly with many different teams within the bank including trading, sales, middle office, back office, confirmations, market risk and accounting
- An experience of 2 or 3 years of support of a booking system (Murex, Sophis, Calypso) is required
- Front to back process
- Knowledge on commodities/PNL/Pricing is a plus
- Intermediate level relational database and SQL skills are required
- Good knowledge of script languages (Powershell) and Windows environment
If you are a good fit please apply immediately.