My client is one of the world's largest travel provider with a huge presence in the UK. Their growing business is largely based on their successful websites and now looking for dedicated Development Manager to join their IT Solutions Team.
Their IT Solutions team is responsible for all areas of the software development life cycle and oversee the delivery of my client's software solutions.
About the role
- As the Development Manager, you will be managing and developing the technical teams and lead software deliveries through the development life cycle to produce high quality software on my client's main travel systems.
- Your technical experience and leadership is key to manage the various interdependencies of project deliverables across multiple releases and ensure suppliers and development teams deliver on time and on budget while maintaining high quality standards.
- You will work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful delivery by coordinating developments for multiple projects.
- Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, not only to the IT Leadership Team but also to the various Project Managers, Release Managers and Business Leads.
- You will build a high quality development team(s), capable to deliver business change at scale and pace.
- You will represent IT Solutions on various project and business steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues.
- A proven track record in building high-performance, enterprise applications at scale, leading and managing teams on complex software projects
- Proven track record delivering software using agile and waterfall methods for software delivery.
- Technical acumen with significant prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation
- Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components /roadmap
- First class technical leadership of the software development team including clear and concise technical guidance.
- Implement industry best practice processes and quality measurements across Development.
- Interact effectively with the Project Managers, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Architecture, Solution Design, Services Delivery and Support teams to ensure we build the quality products to support our business goals and customer experience.