Development Manager Bedfordshire (£70,000 - £80,000)
An extremely exciting opportunity has risen for a Development Manager with one of Britain's most reputable enterprise. They are looking for a motivated and customer focused team player to join their IT team.
The client is an extremely successful company that is number one in its sector with over 31 million customers. They are a FTSE 100 company with a revenue of £19.5 billion.
As Development Manager your technical experience and leadership is key to manage the various interdependencies of project deliverables across multiple releases and ensure suppliers and development teams deliver on time and on budget while maintaining high quality standards. Coordinating developments for multiple projects, you will work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful delivery.
Clear reporting and communication is a key for this role, not only to the IT Leadership Team but also to the various Project Managers, Release Managers and Business Leads. You will build a high quality development team(s), capable to deliver business change at scale and pace. You will represent IT Solutions on various project and business steering boards, ensuring high visibility of progress and take a proactive leadership role in resolving business needs, risks and issues.
- A proven track record in building high-performance, enterprise applications at scale, leading and managing teams on complex software projects
- Proven track record delivering software using agile and waterfall methods for software delivery.
- Technical acumen with significant prior experience with development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation
- Experience in leading and managing software development teams, preferably in medium/large companies
- Well versed with software engineering practices (e.g. Continuous Engineering, Build/Deploy, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Test and Staging Environments).
- Knowledge on software deployment, infrastructure, database, application performance matrix (e.g. Memory, CPU, network, multi-threading etc.)
- Experience of managing both on shore and off shore 3rd party supplies to cost, time and quality
- Risk and Impact Analysis - Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations
- Encourage a 'right first time' culture and implement processes to cultivate this
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done and how to learn from mistakes
- Using source code control (Perforce, Subversion, git) in multi-branch environments and understand how to manage the complexity of multiple delivery streams
- Experience in using tracking systems (Rally, JIRA)
- Experience in either line management or matrix management
- Working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and the testing of these
- Own products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficient, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components /roadmap
- Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards
- Financial accountability including estimation and forecasting of developments.
- Resource planning and assignment of TUI permanent and contract and supplier resources
- Negotiating and re-negotiating contracts with suppliers, through TUI Commercial team, to ensure contracts are structured to support high-quality, cost effective delivery, in line with the way the chosen delivery methodology requires
- Build relationships with Business Leads, Project Managers and Business Partners, ensuring scheduling alignment for delivery of components within the wider release schedule
- Lead daily stand-ups with delivery teams and effectively manage expectations of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g. business for UAT, Release Management, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
- First class technical leadership of the software development team including clear and concise technical guidance.
- Implement industry best practice processes and quality measurements across Development.
- Engagement with Project Managers on delivery of specific project deliverables and assist in planning, tracking and execution of overall project planWork closely with the QA Manager to create a one-team approach between the development and QA teams to provide a high quality development cycle and an efficient and successful working environment.
- Work closely with Business Partners to understand and plan deliveries based on the overall portfolio objectives and business priorities - effectively plan and manage complex priorities based on risk and reward.
- Interact effectively with the Project Managers, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Architecture, Solution Design, Services Delivery and Support teams to ensure we build the quality products to support our business goals and customer experience.
- Liaising with senior members of supplier organisations both on-shore and offshore. Ensuring focus is on delivering quality in a cost effective manner from the suppliers.
- Assisting in the planning of the delivery of the backlog of defects and all types of changes
This is a fantastic opportunity with one of the UK's most reputable brands. If you want to know more please contact me on EliseC@montash.com for immediate discussion for this role.