Montash are working alongside one of the UK's leading education company based in Central London who are currently going through a large IT transformation project. As a IT Infrastructure Engineer you will work closely with the Development, QA and business systems teams on a mixture of new project implementations and supporting our existing platforms.
The successful candidate should possess commercial experience working in an OS agnostic environment with a strong windows infrastructure background. You will have a desire to automate tasks where possible using cutting-edge technologies to help others be as efficient as possible.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a close-knit team to build, maintain and optimise our fully automated AWS environments, running both Windows and Linux infrastructure.
- Being a technical expert in the technologies
- Leading project implementations that will empower other teams to work more efficiently.
- Developing and implementing smart technology choices that drive our business forward.
Supporting a variety of systems, doing thorough RCA when required and ensuring one-time fixes are implemented.
- Experience in administering Windows infrastructure
- Experience using AWS including - VPC's, EC2, Route53, S3, Security groups and building highly available self-healing infrastructure
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS
- Infrastructure automation experience with Powershell
- Utilisation of monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios, SCOM or similar technologies
- Familiarity with using GIT as a code management tool
- Experience working in an Agile environment either Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in a Linux infrastructure
- Experience in at least one programming language
- Python scripting
- Working with JSON/Yaml
- Configuration management tools - Powershell DSC and Puppet
- Experience conducting log file analysis using tools such as Loggly or ELK
- Use of Docker
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with tremendous potential. As part of the package you will receive a great salary + generous benefits.
Contact me in on for further details.
Telephone: 0207 014 0238