To ensure that the companies technology and systems operate at the highest levels of quality, availability and reliability, and are able to support the growth of the business.
Being responsible for, and managing, a number of ITIL disciplines and processes including change management, incident management, capacity planning, performance (SLA) management and Asset Management
Leading the IT Steering Committee to ensure projects are delivered on time and in line with the brief. Being the gate keeper to departmental requests to document the IT and business case, detailing any impact on other IT systems, the cost to implementing and the proposed time frame. As a result, the individual will be required to manage with significant gravitas to ensure the portfolio of change aligns with the company's strategic business objectives.
Manage the companies' relationships with external technology vendors, as well as managing and supporting a team of two (IT Network Administrator and IT Network Assistant).
Finally, ensuring that systems comply with the businesses disaster recover strategy, being the IT point of contact in any such cases. The individual will also ensure regular information security audits are carried out, and that such risks are minimised.
- Management of all day-to-day operational aspects of Momentas systems including:
- Momenta People system
- Sage 200 accounting system
- Banking systems such as HSBCnet
- Telephone systems
- Company websites
- Management of ITIL disciplines including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, patch management
- Ensuring that systems are effectively monitored, and to take appropriate IT protocol
- Production of system performance reporting, including management summaries
- Management of, and liaison with, third party suppliers
- Management of system document, including process maps and system diagrams
- Information security planning and risk minimisation
- Assist the business in preparing for and adopting change
- Develop and support a IT helpdesk function and prioritise requires for resolution
- To support business stakeholders in the development of change business cases and project briefs for submission to the IT steering committee
- To support the senior management team in the prioritisation and selection of future projects
- To resource external specialist skills when required, e.t developers, testing and information security subject matter experts, and to ensure that they are available to meet the needs of the project plan.
- 5 years IT operations management
- Proven line management experience
- Information security planning and risk mitigation
- ITIL v2 AND/OR V3 ACCREDITATION
- Good understanding of SIAM and Service Management
- Experience of working with developers and business stakeholders
- Knowledge of C# and SQL preferred and business stakeholders
- The gravitas to be able to offer compelling proposals and implement styste, development
- Self-starter, able to innovate and build/document new processes
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Keen ability to learn quickly
- Customer focused and a flexible team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Disciplined and resourceful
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines