IT Network Engineer
Montash are currently retained by a leading Motor Retail company based in the midlands, looking for an IT Network Engineer to join their growing business.
This role will be responsible for the support of the telephony (fixed and mobile), video conferencing printer and data network infrastructure. It will also implement expansion and upgrade plans, as well as ensuring that all existing equipment is fully maintained, patched and upgraded as required. Providing fast and effective problem resolution on all telephony, video conferencing, print and data services.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Support Network Team Supervisor
* Provide 3rd / 4th level support on all network, print, video conferencing and telephony related issues Telephony (Cisco Call Manager)
* Networking (Structured cabling, patching, basic Cisco, basic Juniper)
* Good knowledge of hardware troubleshooting
* Maintain documentation of existing estate and improve procedures for updates / change requests scheduling and managing updates / patches
* Support Remote VPN access solutions - e.g.) RSA SecurID, Cisco clients
* Support Telephony e.g.) PSTN, ISDN. Mobile phones
* Support Structured cabling contractors during implementation of copper and fibre cabling
* Maintain the structured cabling system in an organised and tidy manner
* Support Network Team Supervisor in troubleshooting, monitoring and fine tuning network performance
* Support of integrated video conferencing facility
* Printers (HP, Canon, Datamax)
* Scanner guns (Intermec, Datalogic)
* Support and troubleshooting of Wifi
* Large campus and multisite experience
* Support development roadmap to improve network, print, video conferencing and telephony systems within AML aligned to business priorities and to IT strategy.
Management of suppliers
* Operational management of suppliers as appropriate
* Supervise Purchased Services as and when required.
Responsible for the integration of external partners & Suppliers relating to data exchange & security.
Qualifications & Experience
- An understanding of ITIL Practises
* Good interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the organisation
* Ability to communicate at all levels within the business
* Self-Motivated and disciplined
* Results oriented, with a firm understanding of business priorities and project planning
* A career history within a progressive automotive engineering/manufacturing organisation
* Solid knowledge of IT Service Management principles and understanding of ITIL standards
* Strong continuous improvement skills
* Cisco Networking Skills
* Knowledge of Telephony Systems
* Ability to work as a member of a team
* Strive for excellence / Continuous improvement mind-set
If this role is of interest or for a talk around the market in general please contact Chloe Winterhalter at Chloea@montash.com or 02070140230