IT PMO Manager - Retail - Weybridge - £60k + benefits
One of the UK leading businesses is looking to hire a hands on PMO Manager to join them in developing a PMO function and structure.
You will have proven experience as a PMO (Lead / Manager / Head of) within a global corporate environment.
Strong understanding of the principles and practical application of portfolio, programme and project management methodologies to ensure successful project outcomes.
The business are looking to you to help build the governance for the project portfolio which currently stands at 30 live projects. As the PMO Manager you will therefore need a sound understanding of business change management principles and processes and a demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness
Your time will be divided in to 2 camps of projects - Corporate which are organisation wide and driven from the Group HQ and then Country projects which will be country specific. The business operates in 50 countries.
This role reports to the Head of IT Risk, so experience of working within Risk IT projects is highly desirable. You will also have a dotted line in to the global CIO.
Retail experience is NOT necessary.
- Ownership of the global IT annual planning process. This involves the collection, consolidation and analysis of data from each country and the production of dashboards and reports for distribution and discussion with IT and Business leadership team.
- Co-ordinate the planning and budgeting process for projects in conjunction with the Group Financial Planning Manager.
- Implement and manage a project portfolio framework. Key elements will include:
- Capturing project demand and maintaining visibility of the 'project pipeline'.
- Prioritising projects using strategic alignment and business value criteria.
- Business case and investment appraisal processes and templates.
- Standardised and automated project reporting.
- Development of processes and templates for tracking Business benefits.
- Implementation of a project lifecycle (with key stage approval gateways).
- Alignment of corporate and country project management frameworks.
- Management of all other key project management controls as appropriate, e.g. risk/issue management, planning, resource and cost control, etc.
- Chair the monthly project review meeting for Corporate IT projects plus any deep dives related to projects planned / managed by Country IT teams.
- Support the Group CIO and Head of IT Risk and Control Officer in developing papers and reports for the Executive Board.
- Review Business Case submissions and attend Group investment committees as secretariat.
- Responsible for managing the teams SharePoint (design and maintenance).