IT Portfolio Manager required. An IT Portfolio Manager is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a leader in the travel industry, based in Luton on an initial six month contract. The IT Portfolio Manager you will primarily focus on ensuring successful delivery of the projects within the assigned portfolio, capturing available synergies, balancing delivery priorities and constraints and managing projects/portfolios interdependencies. You will be working closely with the Business Leads to deliver change.
Typically portfolios are aligned with business areas and functions and formed of 15-20 projects with a budget of £5-7M. The IT Portfolio Manager will have high visibility and senior executive exposure up to the UKI & Northern Region Board level. The IT Portfolio Manager will work across Demand Management, Portfolio Management, Project Delivery Assurance, Business Relationship Management & Consulting, Stakeholder Management & Communication and Team Management.
The IT Portfolio Manager will work in a hands on project delivery role overseeing a team of BA's, PM's (10-15) and Projects/Programmes within those portfolio's. The client are looking for the IT Portfolio Manager to manage an application development portfolio of projects and it will be a mix of planning & strategic thinking (20%) and delivery of the projects (80%).
The IT Portfolio Manager will also act as the IT "Account Manager" for the assigned business areas and will be required to develop close "trusted partner" relationships with business colleagues and ensure that the IT/Business relationship is supported by clear understanding of both sides' roles and responsibilities.
The IT Portfolio Manager will also be involved in five year planning and prioritization - and next year budgeting i.e. supporting the business strategy from a technology perspective and ensuring what is put in place incorporates the Nordics rollout.
The IT Portfolio Manager will have the following skills:
- Circa 10 years senior level delivery
- Programme/Portfolio level manager
- Proven track record of delivering relevant projects to time/budget
- Managing application development, broad understanding of IT (not on the suppliers side) - not looking for a techy but someone who understands the IT lifecycle and can identify if a plan is realistic etc.
- Able to grasp complexity
- IT delivery life cycle (but not techy)
- Able to understand the plan and support from a strategy and planning perspective
- Experience in providing delivery assurance - confirm or challenge
- Most suitable background would portfolio experience on projects with large volumes of customer data, contract centres, retail, and/or sales portfolio
If you are a good fit please apply now.