Montash have been engaged by a leading Travel Agency to source a IT Portfolio Manager with strong experience in Retail or Travel to work within a hands on project delivery role overseeing a team of BA's and PMs and managing projects and programmes within a large portfolio.
The role will be working on a Nordics Merge where IT systems are going to be greatly impacted. You will ensure the delivery of planned initiatives, while also bearing in mind wider initiatives
What they are looking for:
- Extensive experience of managing portfolios of IT projects and Programmes covering at least 10 years in Programme/Projects management roles plus additional experiences in other non-delivery IT/Business roles to broaden the overall understanding of technologies and IT delivery models and business context)
- Proven track record of managing Application Development and Infrastructure Upgrade projects
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Information Technology
- Experience of looking after a multidimensional IT/Business agenda of various day-to-day IT matters
- Experience of establishing credible relationships within IT and Business community with examples of driving IT/Business change agenda, working at MD, CIO, CTO, Chief Architect level
- Experience of direct line management of Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Ability to build successful project teams, covering resources spread across Business and IT typically without direct line management responsibility
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple IT/Business stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically, analyze complex Business requirements and IT delivery options and be able to translate them into actionable deliverables (be it projects or BAU resolutions) and drive them to completion
- Ability to think commercially and strategically - quickly assess and quantify short and long term impact of changes, deal with ambiguity and uncertainty and be able to evaluate options to meet business expectations and provide maximum value
- First-hand experience and knowledge of IT project delivery methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) with formal Project Delivery Accreditations (such as Prince2, MSP, APM, etc.)
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable communicating high level concepts to senior stakeholders whilst also being able to delve into the detail of complex changes when required.
**Please note that travel/retail experience is essential for this role**